I’m Jacob Gotwals, LPC, LPCC. I’m a licensed counselor; I specialize in helping people have more self-confidence and more secure, loving relationships and friendships. I do this by helping people activate their natural abilities to heal, grow, and love. I work with adults throughout Colorado and New Mexico by video and phone.
My Training and Professional Experience
I completed a master’s in counseling in 2015 from Southwestern College in Santa Fe. In 2016, I joined Presbyterian Medical Services, where I gained experience helping clients heal from psychological trauma and overcome attachment issues. I currently have a private practice while continuing my work at Presbyterian Medical Services. Here are some certifications I hold and trainings I have completed:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (Colorado, license # LPC.0016856)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Mental Health Counselor (New Mexico, license # CCMH0206221)
- EMDR Certified Therapist (EMDR International Association)
- National Certified Counselor (National Board for Certified Counselors)
- Human Sexuality Certificate (Southwestern College)
- Daniel P. Brown’s training in treating attachment disturbances in adults
My Life Experience
In my personal life, I have extensive experience practicing meditation and compassionate communication, I’ve studied Buddhism and integral philosophy, and I continually seek opportunities to learn and grow. I’ve published two books on spirituality and meditation. I feel connected to the land and sky and have done landscape and storm photography. I support social justice and efforts to reduce global warming. I have a Ph.D. in computer science, and I worked as a software engineer in a previous career. For over a decade, my relationship with my spouse has supported my personal growth and self-awareness; we live in Santa Fe. I bring all my knowledge, experience, and intuition to my work with each client.